Location, Location, Location!
I can’t wait to take you around the hugely popular town of Arlington, MA. A commuter’s dream, this desirable location is just eight miles outside of Boston. Accessible to all major highways, the town is served by many MBTA bus routes, as well as the Red Line subway at nearby Alewife Station, and the commuter rail in West Medford.
The Minuteman Bikeway also calls a portion of Arlington home. This 11-mile trail runs from Alewife Station in Cambridge, through Arlington and Lexington, and ends in Bedford. For those of you looking to cut back on traffic time, biking to Alewife and hopping on the train is an excellent way to get into Boston.
Arlington by the Numbers
There’s so much to say about this thriving community, but let’s start with some numbers. These are key takeaways that you can use to help in your search for a new home.
- Arlington Population: 45,304
- Square Miles: 5.5
- Distance from Boston: 8 miles
- 2022 Average Home Price: Single Family $1,237,034; Condo $795,781
- 2023 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $11.21
- High School Average SAT Scores: 1,240
- Median Household Income: $125,701
Things to See and Do
From charmingly restored movie theaters and a bustling restaurant scene to an ice-skating rink and sandy town beach, Arlington is perfect for those who love a night out or a peaceful afternoon reading a book on the shores of Spy Pond. Here are a couple of my favorite things, let me help you find yours.
Movie Theater- Capitol Theater
From Cambridge to Arlington Massachusetts Avenue, where you can find fabulous Restaurants & Bakeries. Here are a few of my favorites –
- Acitron Cocina Mexicana – 473 Massachusetts Avenue
- Arlington Diner – 134 Massachusetts Ave
- Blue Ribbon BBQ – 908 Massachusetts Avenue
- Cookie Time Bakery – 1375 Massachusetts Avenue
- Fattoush – 142 Massachusetts Avenue
- Fresh Pond Seafood – 75 Summer Street
- Ginger Exchange Express – 1181 Massachusetts Avenue
- Home Taste – 1312 Massachusetts Avenue
- Jimmy’s Steer House – 1111 Massachusetts Avenue
- La Victoria Tacqueria – 12 Medford Street
- Little Q Hot Pot – 196 Massachusetts Avenue
- Menotomy Grill & Tavern – 25 Massachusetts Avenue
- Northender Italian Kitchen – 1345 Massachusetts Avenue
- Pasha Turkish & Mediterranean Cuisine – 669A Massachusetts Avenue
- Prep Neighborhood Kitchen – 1367 Massachusetts Avenue
- Sabzi Restaurant – 352 Massachusetts Avenue
- Scutra – 92 Summer Street
- Sono Asian Cuisine – 471 Summer Street
- Thana Thai – 882A Massachusetts Avenue
- The Heights Pub – 1314 Massachusetts Avenue
- The Scoop N Scootery – 112 Massachusetts Avenue
- Tryst Restaurant – 689 Massachusetts Avenue
- WooRi Korean Fusion Grill – 9 Medford Street
- Za Arlington – 138 Massachusetts Avenue
- Zhu Vegan Kitchen – 166 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington is home to the country’s first public children’s library and kids and books have gone hand in hand here for many years. The public school system is made up of seven elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. There are also a number of private schools. The average SAT scores for the town’s high school students is 1240. View the Arlington Public Schools’ website for more information, or click on the links below for information about each school. For Covid-19 updates, click here.
Arlington Public Schools
- Brackett Elementary
- Bishop Elementary
- Dallin Elementary
- Hardy Elementary
- Peirce Elementary
- Stratton Elementary
- Thompson Elementary
- Ottoson Middle School
- Arlington High School
- Minuteman Regional High School
Arlington Private Schools
- Arlington Catholic High School – 9-12
- Dearborn Academy – Special Education, 2-12
- Lesley Ellis School – PK-9
- New Covenant School – PK-6
- St. Agnes School – K-8
Town Library – Robbins Library (A must see! A beautiful and historically significant building from 1892 in the Italian Renaissance style.)
The Town of Arlington website is filled with lots of local information to help you get acclimated with the area.
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Arlington utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional. If you have more questions about Arlington, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Realty