Location, Location, Location!
You will be hard-pressed to find another town in the country with such a storied history, a deep appreciation for the environment, and a landscape of beautiful homes as Concord, Massachusetts. Located 18 miles west of Boston, Concord is the scene of the first battle of the American Revolution.
The town’s storied past is well-maintained in the beautiful structure and decor of its homes. The area is also rich in farmland and protected open spaces.
Concord has two MBTA commuter rail stops, as well as a commuter bus that brings people into Boston. This country town is convenient to all major routes including Route 128, Route 495 and Route 2.
Concord by the Numbers
- Concord Population: 19,830
- Square Miles: 24.9
- Distance from Boston: 18 miles
- 2022 Average Home Price: Single Family $1,687,528; Condo $787,873
- 2023 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $12.96
- High School Average SAT Scores: 1,286
- Median Household Income: $169,335
Things to See and Do
The most famous recreational space in Concord is by far Walden Pond, an environmental gem made popular by Henry David Thoreau who lived on Walden Pond for two years. Walden Woods is a national historic landmark made up of 2,680 acres, including the pond and the surrounding undeveloped woods and hiking paths. On any given summer day, this pond is filled with people swimming, sunbathing and exploring the beauty of it all.
There is also a chance to get closer to nature at Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, a habitat for wildlife, especially migratory birds. The South Bridge Boat House also offers canoe rentals and other cruises along the Concord River. Along with Thoreau, Concord was home to many other famous authors, including Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne and Louisa May Alcott and they are all buried on Authors Ridge in Concord’s Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
For those seeking more modern recreation, you can head to the Hunt Recreation Center for a full gym and basketball and volleyball courts. The newer Beede Swim and Fitness Center offers a variety of pools for working out or simply relaxing with the family.
A variety of shops and galleries dot the winding streets of both Concord and West Concord centers. Sure to please window shoppers and serious shoppers alike, the cobbled streets and squares are packed with cheese and chocolate shops, antique, toy and clothing boutiques.
Concord is served by a public preschool system, three elementary, one middle school and one regional high school shared with the neighboring town of Carlisle. There are also a number of private schools in town, including the Fenn School, Nashoba Brook, Middlesex School and Concord Academy. The average SAT score for the town’s high school students is 1286. Visit the Concord Public Schools’ website for more information or click on the links below for more about each school. For Covid-19 updates, click here.
- Concord Integrated Preschool
- Alcott Elementary
- Thoreau Elementary
- Willard Elementary
- Concord Middle School
- Concord Carlisle Regional High School
- Minuteman Regional High School
- 80 Thoreau – 80 Thoreau Street
- Adelita – 1200 Main Street
- Asian Gourmet Restaurant – 794 Elm Street
- Chang An – 10 Concord Crossing
- Club Car Cafe – 20 Commonwealth Avenue
- Colonial Inn – 48 Monument Square
- Comella’s – 33 Main Street
- Concord New London Style Pizza – 71 Thoreau Street
- Concord Provisions & Country Kitchen – 73 Thoreau Street
- Concord Teacakes – 59 Commonwealth Avenue
- Debra’s Natural Gourmet – 98 Commonwealth Avenue
- Dino’s Kouzina & Pizzeria – 1135 Main Street
- Fiorella’s – 24 Walden Street
- Haute Coffee – 12 Walden Street
- Helen’s Restaurant – 17 Main Street
- Karma – 105 Thoreau Street
- Liberty at the Colonial Inn – 48 Monument Square
- Main Street Market and Cafe – 42 Main Street
- Merchants Row at the Colonial Inn – 48 Monument Square
- Nashoba Brook Bakery – 152 Commonwealth Ave # 3
- Papa Razzi – 768 Elm Street
- Rossini’s – 206 Fitchburg Turnpike
- SallyAnns – 73 Main Street
- Saltbox Kitchen – 84 Commonwealth Avenue
- Sorrento’s – 58 Thoreau Street
- Sushi House – 794 Elm Street
- Verrill Farm – 11 Wheeler Road
- Walden Italian Kitchen – 92 Commonwealth Avenue
- Woods Hill Table – 24 Commonwealth Avenue
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Concord utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Concord, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Realty