Location, Location, Location!
With some of the best schools in the state, more than 360 acres of conservation land and plenty of shops and restaurants it’s no surprise that Needham is quickly becoming one of the most desirable suburbs of Boston.
Needham is conveniently located just 10 miles southwest of Boston along Route 95. There are 4 MBTA commuter rail stations in town making your trip into and out of the city a breeze. Surrounded by the Charles River and all around access to public transportation, getting into and out of the city from Needham is a commuters dream.
Needham by the Numbers
- Population: 32,403
- Square Miles: 12.7
- Distance from Boston: 17 miles
- 2022 Average Single Family Home Price: $1,684,494; Condo $822,700
- 2023 Property Tax Rate per $1,000 of assessed value: $13.04
- Average SAT Score: 1,274
- Median Household Income: $182,813
Things To See And Do
There are endless activities in the beautiful town of Needham. Check out the local boutiques such as Covet + Lou or Mostly Gray for a unique gift giving experience or the Shops at 300 to fulfill all of your shopping needs. The countless local parks and trails to meander through leave no shortage of adventure for all ages. Cutler Park Resevervation and the Town Forest are just two options that provide a fun experience for all levels, with options to walk, run or even mountain bike through the beautiful nature that New England has to offer. Whether you need a quick bite or an elaborate dining experience, the dining out options cover it all. These restaurants will make you want to call this town “home” after just one visit! Also check out Discover Needham tosee local Arts and Entertainment, Fun for Kids & Families, Needham School Calendars, Annual Events and Outdoor Experiences!
Places To Eat!
- Abbotts Frozen Custard– 934 Great Plain Avenue
- Bertucci’s – 1257 Highland Avenue
- Blue on Highland – 882 Highland Avenue
- Brothers Pizza – 201 Reservoir Street
- Cappella – 45 Chapel Street
- Chef Mike’s Catering – 73 Highland Avenue
- Comella’s – 1095 Great Plain Avenue
- Cook. – 109 Chapel Street
- French Press Bakery & Cafe – 74 Chapel Street
- Fresco – 35 Chapel Street
- Fuji Steak House – 1430 Highland Avenue
- Gari Japanese Fusion Bistro – 1019 Great Plain Avenue
- Gyro & Kebab House – 1056 Great Plain Avenue
- Hearth Pizzeria – 974 Great Plain Avenue
- Hungry Coyote – 1185 Highland Avenue
- Latina Kitchen & Bar – 30 Dedham Avenue
- Little Spoon – 952 Great Plain Avenue
- Panella’s Market & Deli – 50 Central Avenue
- Spiga Ristorante – 18 Highland Circle
- Sweet Basil – 942 Great Plain Avenue
- The Farmhouse – 970 Great Plain Avenue
- The James – 1027 Great Plain Avenue
- The Rice Barn – 1037 Great Plain Avenue
- Treat Cupcake Bar – 1450 Highland Avenue
View the Needham Public Schools website. For Covid-19 updates, click here.
Needham Public Schools:
- Broadmeadow Elementary
- Eliot Elementary
- Sunita Williams Elementary
- Mitchell Elementary
- Newman Elementary
- Pollard Middle
- High Rock School
- Needham High School
Needham Private Schools:
- Riverside Life Skills School – 6-12
- Saint Joseph Elementary School – Pre-K-5
- Saint Sebastian’s School – 7-12, All Boys
- The Walker School – Special Education
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Needham Utilities
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Needham, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Realty