Location, Location, Location!
For those of you who love a little cosmopolitan flair to your suburb, you will find everything your heart desires in the prestigious town of Wellesley. Chic restaurants with famous chefs abound around town and the center offers shopping for a variety of styles and tastes. The homes and neighborhoods here are simply gorgeous. Wellesley is 14 miles west of Boston and it´s just a quick hop onto the major thoroughfares of Routes 9, 128 and I-90.
Amazingly convenient, there are three MBTA commuter rail stops in town – Wellesley Square, Wellesley Hills, and Wellesley Farms – and they all offer parking.
Wellesley by the Numbers
Before we tour Wellesley’s gorgeous neighborhoods, let´s start off with some quick facts to get acquainted with the town:
- Wellesley Population: 28,747
- Square Miles: 10.2
- Distance from Boston: 14 miles
- 2022 Average Home Price: Single Family $2,125,629; Condo $1,332,918
- 2023 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $11.45
- High School Average SAT Scores: 1,327
- Median Household Income: $226,250
Things to See and Do
Wellesley is on the route of the world-famous Boston Marathon and the town turns out on Patriots Day to cheer the runners. Runners from around the world look forward to the chorus of well wishes shouted in their direction from the students of Wellesley College.
Apart from the lively dining and shopping scene, Wellesley is an absolute haven for nature enthusiasts. There are 25 miles of marked trails in town that make for many peaceful afternoon strolls. Guided walks are offered in the spring and fall. There are also tennis courts, beaches, and a host of other outdoor activities for residents to enjoy including summer concerts and outdoor movie nights.
Art lovers will find a new favorite spot with the Davis Museum and Cultural Center, one of the oldest fine arts museums in the state.
Wellesley’s public education system is another one of the state’s best, offering seven elementary schools, a middle school and high school. Higher education is offered at Wellesley College and Babson College. There are also many renowned private schools in town, including Dana Hall. The average SAT score for Wellesley High School students is 1,327. View the Wellesley Public Schools for more information or click on the links below to learn more about each school. For Covid-19 updates, click here.
- Bates Elementary
- Fiske Elementary
- Hardy Elementary
- Hunnewell Elementary
- Schofield Elementary
- Sprague Elementary
- Upham Elementary
- Wellesley Middle
- Wellesley High
- Wellesley Pre-School
- Smith & Wollensky – 583 Washington Street
- Yama – 245 Washington Street
- Alta Strada – 92 Central Street
- CK Shangai – 15 Washington Street
- The Cottage – 190 Linden Street
- Café Mangal – 555 Washington Street
- Maugus – 300 Washington Street
- Bocado Tapas Wine Bar – 45 Church Street
- Captain Marden’s Seafoods – 279 Linden Street
- Juniper – 13 Central Street
- The Local – 11 Forest Street
- Cheesy Street Grill – 900 Worcester Street
- Papa Razzi – 16 Washington Street
- Sweetgreen – 180 Linden Street
- Comella’s Restaurant – 288 Washington Street
- Coconut Thai Cafe – 257 Washington Street
- Lemon Thai Cuisine – 555 Washington Street
- Rice Burg – 552 Washington Street
- Great Wok – 180 Worcester Street
- Fiorella’s Express – 575 Washington Street
- Tatte – 165 Linden Street
- Takara Japanese Restaurant – 151 Linden Street
- Amarin of Thailand – 27 Grove Street
- Old School Italian Pizzeria – 552 Washington Street
- Jin’s Fine Asian Cuisine – 11 Washington Street
- Singh’s Cafe – 312 Washington Street
- Wellesley North End Pizza – 7 Washington Street
- Cocobeet – 57 Central Street
- The Linden Store Deli – 162 Linden Street
- Cooks Window – 19 Washington Street
- Deluxe Pizza – 1 Forest Street
- Express Gourmet – 11 River Street
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Wellesley Utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Wellesley, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Realty